Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sugee Cake


Sugee Cake
Originally uploaded by Taking5
Sugee cake!

Sugee cake is a Eurasian specialty, where everything depends upon the texture. It is made from semolina (which accounts for the grainy texture), almonds, and loads of eggs and butter.

This particular cake was made by my cousin for my and my grandmother's joint birthday party last month. It had a great texture and was just a little moist.

The amusing thing about this dinner was that we had a great dessert spread. That's what happens with pot lucks! The cake was planned but I didn't realise we would be getting bread pudding and thai jellies as well. Oh well, the calorie limit was busted anyway.

5 comments:

  1. ha, my cake :)...glad you liked it and sorry it wasn't prettier icing. Must work on that bit.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your cake. Love cake next time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, do you know the every Eurasians swears they make the best sugee cake and curry devil be it the de souza's, the Oliverio's, the Pereira's well don't blame me I'm half Eurasian, by chance I came across your blog I can relate to what you wrote, I lived in Marine Parade for 35 years now shifted to woodlands..keep up you good work and God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked the blog, and yes, everyone loves mum's cooking best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can i have the sugee cake recipe...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...