Saturday, June 11, 2016

Up in the clouds... My Sparkly Pink Pair of Kasut Manek

I took a trip down to Malacca last weekend. Having finished off my beading work, it was time to transform it into a pair of shoes.

My friend told me about a Singapore shoemaker. But said also that he was very busy, and as such could take some time to finish the shoes.  Impatient me, I could not wait.  And since we had this trip to Malacca lined up, I decided that I'd see if there was a shoemaker who could rush my order.  

Truth be told, I actually arranged my trip to Malacca partly also because I needed some push to finish off my shoes.  Well, it worked, didn't it?

The first shop we went to, sadly could not do it in time.  This meant that they would have to post it back to Singapore.  Not an option for someone who has spent six years beading her precious shoes and doesn't want to risk the shoes going astray.

Fortunately the next shop we found could do it in 48 hours, albeit at an express rate.  And the best part - it was in front of our hotel!  And they had this vibrant pink leather to pull the shoe together.   And the next day when we walked past the shop we saw the shoes in the process of being made.  It was an exciting moment!  


I was so pleased to pick them up the next day.  Don't they look absolutely gorgeous!



For reference, the shop is Wah Aik and it is along Heeren Street, aka Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations they are indeed gorgeous and the fushia pink leather is perfect. Great with traditional wear or even a pair of white capri pants. They really are precious so once again bravo KG.
    Btw I just showed them to my office colleagues who gasped in awe. Several orders are the way lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jean! I have to admit that I have bought a few dresses in diff shades of pink in anticipation of the day the shoes would be finished! As for your colleagues, sure, by all means... ... Once i get enough orders then can quit the day job....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...